This post is my third weekly update where I share with you what I have been up to and what I plan to get done during the next week.
My Week in Review
I had a lot going on this week in addition to the two day, out-of-state seminar I put on for my day job:
- Daily Blog Posts. I was able to keep up daily blog posts again this week. It has been alot of work, but I still have a lot of excitement for this task. I am not sure how long I will do this, but I am hoping daily posts do three things:
- Help to refine my writing skills.
- Strengthen my discipline
- Jumpstart my blog traffic
- Domain Change Consideration. I shared last week that I had considered changing my domain from www.businatomy.com to www.adamwitmer.com as I fear "Businatomy" is, at best, somewhat confusing. However, the feedback I have received from friends in the industry has kept me considering keeping my domain for my blog and using www.adamwitmer.com for my speaking/coaching page. I have decided to sit on this for a while as I can always change it later.
- Mastermind. I looked into joining another mastermind, but am having difficulties being able to commit due to my prior day job commitments - I travel and have a fairly demand day job.
- Tag Line: In evaluating my tag line "big business hacks for the small business," I have received some extremely positive and affirming feedback on this. I am comfortable that this tag line expresses what I do and provides enough intrigue to pull readers in. Therefore, I plan to keep this tag line for now.
- Consulting Work. I shared last week that I started working on a consulting project with a local entrepreneur. I had a phone interview with the business owner and finished the first draft of the 18 page report.
- Facebook Business Page. I only posted about half of my blog posts to social media due to time constraints. I didn't get much response from my postings, but the real goal of posing daily is to boost my organic search results over the next few months.
- One-On-One Meeting. I had the opportunity to again meet with a good friend who is also building an online Platform. I found this to again be invaluable and inspiring. There is nothing more important than surrounding yourself with like-minded people.
- Web Traffic. My traffic has still been lower than it was in early December (which was my best month for unique visitors to my site. I am currently on a pace that will not beat my December results.
Goals for Next Week
In planning for next week, the following is what I hope to accomplish:
- Daily Blog Posts. If I don’t accomplish anything besides this, then life is good.
- Mastermind. I am considering starting a mastermind group since I am no longer in one and cannot find one to join that works well with my schedule. This week, I plan to decide to start recruiting fellow entrepreneurs to join the group or to wait for another time.
- Consulting Work. I have finished an 18 page draft report for a consulting job for a local entrepreneur. This week, I plan to finish the report and schedule the exit meeting.
A Question For You.
That is all I have to share today. For the next few weeks (at least) I will provide weekly updates on Sundays, just as I am today. As I continue on these updates, is there something else you would like me tor share?